SABA: A Testbed for a Real-Time MIMO System
© Borkowski et al. 2006
Received: 6 December 2004
Accepted: 22 August 2005
Published: 20 April 2006
The growing demand for high data rates for wireless communication systems leads to the development of new technologies to increase the channel capacity thus increasing the data rate. MIMO (multiple-input multiple-output) systems are best qualified for these applications. In this paper, we present a MIMO test environment for high data rate transmissions in frequency-selective environments. An overview of the testbed is given, including the analyzed algorithms, the digital signal processing with a new highly parallel processor to perform the algorithms in real time, as well as the analog front-ends. A brief overview of the influence of polarization on the channel capacity is given as well.
- Brühl L, Rembold B: Comparison of signal processing for spatio-temporal multi-user equalization in multi- and single-carrier CDMA systems. Proceedings of 2nd Karlsruhe Workshop on Software Radios (WSR '02), March 2002, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Oikonomopoulos-Zachos C, Keusgen W: Increasing the capacity of MIMO antenna systems when using Orthogonal Polarized antennas. Proceedings of European Microwave Week 2003 (EuMW '03), October 2003, Munich, Germany
- Degen C, Brühl L: Multi-user detection in OFDM systems using CDMA and multiple antennas. European Transactions on Telecommunications 2003, 14(6):481-490.View Article
- Degen C, Brühl L: On linear predistortion techniques for single-carrier and OFDM SD/CDMA systems. Proceedings of 15th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '04), September 2004, Barcelona, Spain 2: 1501-1505.
- Wahlen AD: Detection of Signals in Noise. Academic Press, New York, NY, USA; 1971.
- Klein A, Kaleh GK, Baier PW: Zero forcing and minimum mean-square-error equalization for multiuser detection in code-division multiple-access channels. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 1996, 45(2):276-287. 10.1109/25.492851View Article
- Joham M, Kusume K, Gzara MH, Utschick W, Nossek JA: Transmit Wiener filter for the downlink of TDD DS-CDMA systems. Proceedings of 7th IEEE International Symposium on Spread Spectrum Techniques and Applications (ISSSTA '02), September 2002, Prague, Czech Republic 1: 9-13.View Article
- Degen C, Koch O, Keusgen W, Rembold B: Evaluation of MIMO systems with respect to front-end imperfections. Proceedings of 11th European Wireless Conference (EW '05), April 2005, Nicosia, Cyprus
- Brühl L, Degen C, Keusgen W, Rembold B, Walke CM: Investigation of front-end requirements for MIMO systems using downlink pre-distortion. Proceedings of 5th European Personal Mobile Communications Conference (EPMCC '03), April 2003, Glasgow, Scotland, UK